- Welcome to OKC
- Property Search
- Success Stories
- Districts - Regional
- Districts - Neighborhood
We are working to bring more quality retail and development projects to Oklahoma City. We want to redevelop existing underserved areas and strategically develop new ones.
Oklahoma City already accounts for 18 percent of the state's total sales tax revenue. Recognizing that retail is a critical ingredient to a community's economic and social health, the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber and the City of Oklahoma City are committed to redeveloping the neighborhoods in Oklahoma City that are underserved in terms of retail and services.
And, because Oklahoma City is the nation's third largest city in land area, we also have the opportunity to strategically expand retail options by working with developers to accommodate "destination" retail - those unique, one-of-a-kind stores that attract visitors not only from local neighborhoods but from the entire region.
To accomplish these goals, the Chamber's Community Redevelopment division focuses on:
- Providing data to retailers, brokers and developers
- Identifying available sites and spaces for retail development
- Building relationships with local and national real estate brokers, retailers and developers
- Facilitating the regulatory process for developers
- Identifying sources of public funding
- Identifying retail supply leakages in trade areas
- Recruiting targeted retailers and retail developers to Oklahoma City
Want to learn more? Give us a shout.